|Centuries:||16th century – 17th century – 18th century|
|Decades:||1660s 1670s 1680s – 1690s – 1700s 1710s 1720s|
|Years:||1693 1694 1695 – 1696 – 1697 1698 1699|
- April – Fire destroys the Gra Bet (or Left Quarter) of Gondar, the capital of Ethiopia.
- August 22 – Forces of Venice and Turkish troops clash near Molino
- October 29 – Fuller Baptist Church founded in Kettering, England.
- December 24 – Inquisition burns number of Marrano Jews in Evora, Portugal
- Peter the Great becomes sole tsar of Russia.
- Polish replaces Ruthenian as an official language of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania
- A famine wipes out almost a third of the population of Finland.
- Abington, Pennsylvania, is settled.
- William Penn offers an elaborate plan for intercolonial cooperation largely in trade, defense, and criminal matters.
- The Second Pueblo Revolt took place
- Pierre Le Moyne d'Iberville captured and destroyed St. John's, Newfoundland.