1752 only had 355 days.
|Centuries:||17th century – 18th century – 19th century|
|Decades:||1720s 1730s 1740s – 1750s – 1760s 1770s 1780s|
|Years:||1749 1750 1751 – 1752 – 1753 1754 1755|
- February 11 – Pennsylvania Hospital, the first hospital in the US, is opened.
- March 23 – The Halifax Gazette, the first Canadian newspaper
- June 6 – Fire destroys part of Moscow
- June 15 – Benjamin Franklin proves that lightning is electricity using a kite and a key.
- September 14, Gregorian Calendar – The British Empire adopts the Gregorian calendar, making it necessary to skip eleven days (September 2 being followed directly by September 14 this year)
- Adam Smith at the University of Glasgow transfers to professor of moral philosophy
- English Scientist Lord John Davies first observes what is later recognised as respiratory collapse
- for more information, see Category:1752 births.
- for more information, see Category:1752 deaths.