1960 AFC Asian Cup
The 1960 AFC Asian Cup was the 2nd AFC Asian Cup, a football tournament that happens every four years. It is organised by the Asian Football Confederation (AFC). The tournament was played in South Korea from 14 October to 23 October 1960. The tournament was a round robin. The hosts South Korea won every single game.
|Asian Cup Korea 1960 |
1960년 AFC 아시안컵
|Host country||South Korea|
|Venue(s)||1 (in 1 host city)|
|Champions||South Korea (2nd title)|
|Third place||Republic of China|
|Fourth place||South Vietnam|
|Goals scored||19 (3.17 per match)|
|Top scorer(s)|| Cho Yoon-ok|
|Team||Qualified as||Qualified on||Previous appearances|
|South Vietnam||Central Zone winners||13 May 1959||1|
|Republic of China||Eastern zone winners||3 April 1959||0|
|Israel||Western Zone winners||17 December 1959||1|
|1||South Korea (H)||3||3||0||0||9||1||+8||6||Champions|
|3||Republic of China||3||1||0||2||2||2||0||2|
|South Korea||5–1||South Vietnam|
|1960 AFC Asian Cup Winners|
Cho Yoon-Ok scored the most goals. He scored 4 goals. 19 goals were scored by 13 different players. There were no own goals.
- "Asian Cup: Know Your History - Part One (1956-1988)". Goal.com. 2011-01-07. Retrieved 2015-05-05.
- "Asian Cup 1960 South Korea » Final round". Retrieved 4 December 2021.
- "1960 AFC Asian Cup". Retrieved 4 December 2021.
- "Asian Cup 1960". Retrieved 4 December 2021.
Other websites Edit
- "Asian Nations Cup 1960". RSSSF.