2019 NBA Finals
The 2019 NBA Finals was the last championship series in the National Basketball Association (NBA)'s 2018–19 season. Both teams played in a "best-of-seven" series (one team has to win at least four games). This series began on 30 May and ended on 13 June after six games were played. The Toronto Raptors won against the Golden State Warriors. Both teams had won their conference finals (the Raptors play in the Eastern Conference and the Warriors play in the Western Conference), meaning they had to face off. The Raptors won four games and the Warriors won two games. Game six was the last match. This was the first time the Raptors won an NBA Final and also the first time a Canadian team won a final.
|Dates||May 30 – June 16|
English: Sportsnet/Citytv (Games 1, 3, 5, and 7),
TSN/CTV 2 (Games 2, 4, and 6)
Spanish: ESPN Deportes
|Radio network||ESPN Radio (English (United States))|
Golden State Warriors Radio Network (Golden State)
Sportsnet 590 The FAN (Toronto)
TSN Radio 1050 (Toronto)
|Announcers||Marc Kestecher and Hubie Brown (ESPN Radio)|
Tim Roye, Jim Barnett and Tom Tolbert (Golden State)
Eric Smith and Paul Jones (Toronto)
|Eastern Finals||Raptors defeated Bucks, 4–2|
|Western Finals||Warriors defeated Trail Blazers, 4–0|
The Warriors played in the NBA Finals again. It was their fifth straight year of playing in the finals. This was the first time the Raptors have played in the NBA Finals.
On 17 June, the Raptors held a parade in Toronto to celebrate them winning. It began at Princes' Gates in Exhibition Place and ended at Nathan Phillips Square next to the Toronto City Hall. Over two million people came to watch the parade. Because of this, the parade was the largest public gathering in Canadian history. However, because there were so many people, the parade was slowed down by three hours.
- "When do the 2019 NBA Playoffs and NBA Finals begin?". NBA. 25 May 2019. Retrieved 10 June 2019.
- Ewing, Lori (13 June 2019). "Toronto Raptors Win NBA Finals, Make History As 1st Canadian Champions". HuffPost. Retrieved 15 June 2019.
- Westoll, Nick (13 June 2019). "Raptors make NBA history by defeating Warriors to win Finals". Global News. Retrieved 15 June 2019.
- "Everything you need to know about the Raptors' victory parade Monday". CBC News. 14 June 2019. Retrieved 21 September 2019.
- McLaughlin, Amara (18 June 2019). "Raptors Toronto victory parade marred by organizational problems". CBC News. Retrieved 21 September 2019.