2022 Winter Olympics
The 2022 Winter Olympics, formally called the XXIV Olympic Winter Games, is the 24th Games of the Winter Olympics. It is an international winter sports event that will be held from February 4 to February 20, 2022. The winning bid was announced in the summer of 2015 and Beijing was chosen, and since it hosted the 2008 Summer Olympics, it will be the first city ever to host both the Summer and the Winter Olympics.
|Host city||Beijing, China|
|Motto||Joyful Rendezvous Upon Pure Ice and Snow|
|Events||109 in 7 sports (15 disciplines)|
|Stadium||Beijing National Stadium|
- Harbin, China: Li Zhanshu, governor of Heilongjiang, has said that "If we fail again for the 2018 Games, we are determined to win the 2022 Winter Games." Harbin bid for the 2010 Winter Olympics, but did not make the short list.
- Kazakhstan: Kazakhstan considers to bid for the 2022 games, either in Almaty, the former capital, largest city, and financial centre, or divided between Almaty and Nur-Sultan, the capital.  The Almaty alternative gives higher chance of winning, but the divided alternative is preferred by the government because of lower cost, since more arenas and hotels exist already. Kazakhstan hosted the 2011 Asian Winter Games, which can be seen as preparation for hosting the Winter Olympic Games in 2022. The Asian Winter Games were divided between Astana and Almaty. On November 29, 2011, Almaty was chosen to host the 2017 Winter Universiade.
- Lviv, Ukraine
- Prahova Valley, Romania - Romanian Prime Minister Călin Popescu Tăriceanu said on June 14 2007 that the country is thinking about a bid for the Games to be held there.
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Quebec City, Canada
- Salt Lake City, Utah, United States: Salt Lake City considered a bid for either the 2018 Games or the 2022 Games. The city hosted the 2002 Winter Olympics.
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada – Lake Placid, New York, USA: Officials from Quebec and the state of New York have met to talk about the possibility of a bid together. With Vancouver hosting the 2010 Winter Olympics, the earliest that Canada hoped to host the Olympics was 2022. Montreal, Canada hosted the 1976 Summer Games and Lake Placid hosted the 1932 and 1980 Winter Games.
- "China's Harbin considering bid for 2018 Winter Games". ESPN. 2008-12-25. Retrieved 2009-01-07. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Harbin 2010 Winter Olympic Games Bid". GamesBids.com. Retrieved 8 December 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Kazakhstan Considers 2022 Winter Games Bid". GamesBids.com. Retrieved March 5, 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Kazakhstan to bid for 2022 winter Olympic Games
- "2017 Universiades Attributed!". FISU. November 29, 2011. Archived from the original on 2011-12-12. Retrieved 2012-01-10. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Kersten Swinyard (2006-2-18). "Salt Lake in 2018 or 2022? '02 success spurring a new Games bid". Check date values in:
- Rheal Seguin (February 13, 2003). "State and province push IOC to bend rules in binational bid for the Winter Games". The Globe and Mail.