21st century BC
The 21st century BC is a century which lasted from the year 2100 BC to 2001 BC.
|Millennium:||3rd millennium BC|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths |
Establishments – Disestablishments
- c. 2100 BC – c. 2050 BC: Nanna Ziggurat, Ur (modern Muqaiyir, Iraq) was built.
- 2091 BC: Beginning of the Patriarchal Age was traditionally set in this year.
- 2080 BC: Ninth Dynasty wars in Egypt.
- 2080 BC: First Intermediate Period of Egypt ended. Middle Kingdom began in Ancient Egypt.
- 2071 BC: Magh Ithe, first recorded battle in Ireland myths.
- 2070 BC (disputable): Yu the Great set up the Xia Dynasty.
- c. 2064 BC – 1986 BC: Twin Dynasty wars in Egypt.
- c. 2055 BC: End of First Intermediate Period of Egypt.
- c. 2055 BC: Middle Kingdom began in Ancient Egypt.
- c. 2055 BC: Mentuhotep II from Thebes got Ancient Egypt together. He began to rule (other date is 2040 BC).
- c. 2055 BC – 1985 BC: Funerary Stele of Amenemhat I was made. Eleventh Dynasty of Egypt. Excavated in 1915–1916. It is now kept in Egyptian Museum, Cairo. The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City.
- c. 2049 BC: Oak trees for Seahenge felled.
- 2040 BC: Beginning of the Xia Dynasty, the first dynasty and government system in China.
- 2040 BC: Pharaoh Merykare died. End of Tenth dynasty of Egypt. Pharaoh Mentuhotep II started to rule. Start of Eleventh Dynasty.
- 2034 BC – 2004 BC: Ur–Amorite wars.
- c. 2009 BC – 1997 BC: Funerary temple of Mentuhotep III was built. Eleventh Dynasty.
- 2004 BC: Elamite destruction of Ur.
- c. 2004 BC: Pharaoh Mentuhotep II, Eleventh dynasty of Egypt dies.
- c. 2000 BC: Aegean Bronze Age ended.