|Centuries:||2nd century – 3rd century – 4th century|
|Decades:||240s 250s 260s – 270s – 280s 290s 300s|
|Years:||267 268 269 – 270 – 271 272 273|
- Emperor Claudius II Gothicus dies. He is succeeded by his brother Quintillus.
- Quintillus commits suicide. He is succeeded by Lucius Domitius Aurelianus.
- Aurelianus pushes the Goths back across the Danube and recovers Roman land.
- The Romans leave Utrecht because the Germanic tribes keep fighting.
- Crisis of the Third Century: An economic crisis starts in the Roman empire.
- St. Valentine (executed by Claudius II) (Possible year)
- Claudius II, Roman Emperor (b. 213)
- Quintillus, Roman emperor
- Plotinus, father of Neo-Platonism (b. c. 205) (approximate date)
- Jingu of Japan, possibly legendary empress of Japan
- Luo Xian, general of the Kingdom of Shu
- Qiao Zhou, minister of the Kingdom of Shu (b. 201)