Year 370 BC was a year of the pre-Julian Roman calendar.
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||5th century BC – 4th century BC – 3rd century BC|
|Decades:||400s BC 390s BC 380s BC – 370s BC – 360s BC 350s BC 340s BC|
|Years:||373 BC 372 BC 371 BC – 370 BC – 369 BC 368 BC 367 BC|
- The Spartans under King Agesilaus II invade Arcadia. After asking the Athenians for help, Arcadia turns to the Thebans. Epaminondas of Thebes comes with an army, finds the Spartan have left and follows them.
- With the support of Thebes, the Arcadian capital city of Megalopolis is completed.
- The tagus of Thessaly, Jason of Pherae, dies.
- Marcus Valerius Corvus, Roman hero
- Theophrastus, Greek philosopher, a native of Eressos in Lesbos, the successor of Aristotle in the Peripatetic school (d. c. 285 BC)