|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||30s 40s 50s – 60s – 70s 80s 90s|
|Years:||60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture|
Establishments – Disestablishments
Events and trends change
- Rebellion in Roman Britain led by Boudica (60 or 61)
- Great fire of Rome, 64
- Great Jewish Revolt against Roman occupation begins (66–73)
- The suicide of Roman Emperor Nero leaves the throne vacant. Several candidates for the throne emerge resulting in a year of civil war known as the Year of the four emperors (68–69).
- Batavian rebellion in the Roman province of Germania Inferior (69–70).
- The Gospels of Mark, Matthew and Luke are being written.
Significant people change
- Nero, Roman Emperor (54–68).
- Servius Sulpicius Galba, Roman Emperor (68–69).
- Marcus Salvius Otho, Roman Emperor (69)
- Aulus Vitellius, Roman Emperor (69)
- Titus Flavius Vespasianus, Roman Emperor (Vespasian, 69–79).
- Paul of Tarsus, Christian evangelist
- Boudicca, rebellious British queen
- Gaius Suetonius Paulinus, Roman general
- Julius Civilis, rebellious Batavian prince