|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||20s 30s 40s – 50s – 60s 70s 80s|
|Years:||51 52 53 – 54 – 55 56 57|
|Gregorian calendar||AD 54|
|Ab urbe condita||807|
|Balinese saka calendar||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||癸丑年 (Water Ox)|
2750 or 2690
— to —
甲寅年 (Wood Tiger)
2751 or 2691
|Coptic calendar||−230 – −229|
|- Vikram Samvat||110–111|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3154–3155|
|Iranian calendar||568 BP – 567 BP|
|Islamic calendar||585 BH – 584 BH|
|Julian calendar||AD 54|
|Minguo calendar||1858 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||365/366 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||596–597|
180 or −201 or −973
— to —
181 or −200 or −972
- October 13 – Roman Emperor Claudius dies after being poisoned by Agrippina, his wife and niece.
- Nero succeeds Claudius as emperor of Roman Empire
- Patriarch Onesimus succeeds Stachys the Apostle as Patriarch of Constantinople.
- Judea is returned piecemeal to Agrippa I's son Marcus Julius Agrippa between 48 and 54.
- Saint Paul begins his third mission.
- Apollos, a later assistant of Paul, is converted to Christianity in Ephesus
- Maiden Castle, Dorset in Dorset was captured from the Celtic Durotriges by Vespasian.
- for more information, see Category:54 deaths.