(Redirected from 937)
Below are some of the important events that happened from 930 to 939.
|Centuries:||9th century – 10th century – 11th century|
|Decades:||900s 910s 920s – 930s – 940s 950s 960s|
|Years:||930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture|
Establishments – Disestablishments
- The Althing of the Icelandic Commonwealth is founded. It is now one of the world's oldest parliaments.
- Emperor Suzaku ascends to the throne of Japan.
- Prince Bei, oldest brother of the Khitan Emperor, leaves for China.
- Ramiro II of León becomes king of Kingdom of León.
- Eric Bloodaxe becomes the second king of Norway.
- March – Pope John XI succeeds Pope Stephen VII as the 125th pope.
- Wildeck Castle is built by King Henry I in Zschopau, Germany.
- The movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail is set in this year.
- Empress Xiao, empress and regent of the Liao
- 15 March – Henry the Fowler defeats the Magyars in the Battle of Riade.
- Cotentin and Jersey are taken by William I, Duke of Normandy.
- The Kingdom of Lower Burgundy is given to King Rudolph II of Upper Burgundy.
- The German king Henry I, the Fowler defeat King Gnupa and take Hedeby.
- The Eldgjá volcanic eruption is the largest basalt flood in history.
- Einsiedeln Abbey is founded.
- Dong Yuan, Chinese painter
- The Fatimid dynasty makes a third failed attempt to conquer Egypt.
- Córdoba is thought to be the largest city of the world, taking the lead from Baghdad.
- Haakon the Good, son of Harald Fairhair, once again brings together the Norwegian lands.
- Gyeon Hwon, the king of Hubaekje, is overthrown by his eldest son Singeom.
- The Later Shu Kingdom is founded by Meng Zhixiang in Chengdu.
- Ferdowsi Tousi, Persian poet
- The Kings of Wessex take control of Devon.
- Otto I crowned Holy Roman Emperor at Aachen.
- King Taejo of Goryeo defeats Hubaekje.
- Prince Bei, elder brother of the Liao Dynasty emperor, is murdered by the Later Tang Dynasty.
- Ibn Muqlah, Islamic calligrapher, is disgraced and imprisoned in Baghdad.
- Pope Leo VII succeeds Pope John XI as the 126th pope.
- Battle of Brunanburh: King Athelstan of England defeats the Viking king of Dublin, the Scots, and Strathclyde.
- September 21 – Magdeburg becomes capital of the Holy Roman Empire.
- Lady Ise, Japanese poet1707
- Edmund I of England became King of England
- July 14 – Pope Stephen VIII succeeds Pope Leo VII as the 127th pope.
- Arabs lose Madrid to the Kingdom of León.