Abbey Simon (January 8, 1922 – December 18, 2019) was an American concert pianist, teacher, and recording artist. He was a student of Josef Hofmann at the Curtis Institute of Music. He was the winner of the Naumburg International Piano Competition in 1940. He was called a "supervirtuoso" by the New York Times.
Simon was born in New York City, New York. He studied at Curtis Institute of Music in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. His career began in 1940. Simon died in Geneva on December 18, 2019 at the age of 99.
- Official Website
- Moores School of Music Faculty Profile: Abbey Simon
- Yamaha Artists: Abbey Simon
- A Chat with Piano Legend Abbey Simon by Mike Emery, The Houston Chronicle, January 31, 2014
- Interview with Abbey Simon by Bruce Duffie, February 19, 1988
- Abbey Simon dedicated photo 1965, from first of two acclaimed tours of Southern Africa.