Angelina Jolie (//; née Voight, formerly Jolie Pitt, born June 4, 1975) is an American actress, movie producer, screenwriter, and author. She is the daughter of Jon Voight, who is also an actor and former actress/model Marcheline Bertrand. Her full name is Angelina Jolie Voight, but she decided to go by Angelina Jolie. She grew up in Los Angeles and attended the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute. She began acting at about 12 years old, and since then has starred in many movies, including the Tomb Raider movies. She has also been in the movies Hackers, Gathering Evidence (U.S. title), and Gone in Sixty Seconds.
Jolie at the Global Summit to End Sexual Violence in Conflict in June 2014
Angelina Jolie Voight
June 4, 1975
|Other names||Angelina Jolie Pitt|
|Partner(s)||Michelle Rodriguez (2011-present)|
|| infobox driving career|embed=yes|
|infobox office holder embed=yes|
She was born in Los Angeles, California. She is the daughter of actors Jon Voight and Marcheline Bertrand. She is the sister of actor James Haven, niece of singer-songwriter Chip Taylor, and goddaughter of actors Jacqueline Bisset and Maximilian Schell. On her father's side, Jolie is of German and Slovak descent, and on her mother's side, she is of primarily French Canadian, Dutch, and German ancestry. Like her mother, Jolie has stated that she is part Iroquois, although her only known Native American ancestor was a Huron woman born in 1649.
She was awarded an honorary damehood by the British government in 2014 in recognition of her work in preventing sexual violence. She was presented with the award by Queen Elizabeth II. As an American citizen, she cannot be called "Dame Angelina", but she can use the letters "DCMG" after her name.
Marriage and familyEdit
She has three adopted children. She lives with actor Brad Pitt. Pitt and Angelina are called 'Brangelina' by the media. They have three biological children. On May 27, 2006, Jolie gave birth to a girl, Shiloh. In 2008, she also gave birth to twins, Vivienne Marcheline and Knox Leon. On August 28, 2014, Jolie married Pitt in France. In September 2016, they separated and she filed for divorce. Jolie is currently battling for full custody of her six children.
She said in May 2013 that she had undergone a preventive double mastectomy after learning she had an 87% risk of getting breast cancer. Jolie has a defective BRCA1 gene resulting in a very high risk of breast cancer and ovarian cancer. Jolie said she might have her ovaries removed to prevent cancer.
|Lookin' to Get Out||1982||Yes||Tosh||Credited as Angelina Jolie Voight|
|Cyborg 2||1993||Yes||Casella "Cash" Reese|
|Angela & Viril||1993||Yes||Angela||Short film|
|Alice & Viril||1993||Yes||Alice||Short film|
|Without Evidence||1996||Yes||Jodie Swearingen|
|Love Is All There Is||1996||Yes||Gina Malacici|
|Hell's Kitchen||1998||Yes||Gloria McNeary|
|Playing by Heart||1998||Yes||Joan|
|Pushing Tin||1999||Yes||Mary Bell|
|The Bone Collector||1999||Yes||Amelia Donaghy|
|Girl, Interrupted||1999||Yes||Lisa Rowe|
|Gone in 60 Seconds||2000||Yes||Sara "Sway" Wayland|
|Lara Croft: Tomb Raider||2001||Yes||Lara Croft|
|Original Sin||2001||Yes||Julia Russell|
|Life or Something Like It||2002||Yes||Lanie Kerrigan|
|Lara Croft: Tomb Raider – The Cradle of Life||2003||Yes||Lara Croft|
|Beyond Borders||2003||Yes||Sarah Jordan|
|Taking Lives||2004||Yes||Illeana Scott|
|Shark Tale||2004||Yes||Lola (voice)|
|Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow||2004||Yes||Franky Cook|
|Confessions of an Action Star||2005||Yes||—||Cameo|
|Mr. & Mrs. Smith||2005||Yes||Jane Smith|
|The Good Shepherd||2006||Yes||Margaret "Clover" Russell Wilson|
|A Place in Time||2007||Yes||Yes||—|
|A Mighty Heart||2007||Yes||Mariane Pearl|
|Kung Fu Panda||2008||Yes||Master Tigress (voice)|
|The Tourist||2010||Yes||Elise Clifton-Ward|
|Kung Fu Panda 2||2011||Yes||Master Tigress (voice)|
|Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Masters||2011||Yes||Master Tigress (voice)|
|In the Land of Blood and Honey||2011||Yes||Yes||Yes||—|
|By the Sea||2015||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Vanessa||Credited as Angelina Jolie Pitt|
|Kung Fu Panda 3||2016||Yes||Master Tigress (voice)|
|First They Killed My Father||2017||Yes||Yes||Yes||—|
|Maleficent: Mistress of Evil||2019||Yes||Yes||Maleficent|
|The One and Only Ivan||2020||Yes||Yes||Stella (voice)||Post-production|
|Those Who Wish Me Dead||2020||Yes||Hannah Faber||Post-production|
- Rubin, Elizabeth (October 16, 2015). "Angelina Jolie Pitt on Her Most Personal Project With Brad Yet and Why She's Looking Forward to 50". Vogue. Archived from the original on December 31, 2018. Retrieved December 30, 2018.
- Jolie Pitt, Angelina (March 24, 2015). "Angelina Jolie Pitt: Diary of a Surgery". New York Times. Archived from the original on December 24, 2018. Retrieved December 30, 2018.
- "Angelina Jolie Biography: Director, Film Actress (1975–)". Biography.com (FYI / A&E Networks). Archived from the original on August 25, 2015. Retrieved November 11, 2015.
- "Angelina Jolie: Born to be Lara". BBC News. 2001-07-03. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- Reitwiesner, William Addams. "Ancestry of Angelina Jolie". William Addams Reitwiesner Genealogical Services. Retrieved January 8, 2014.
- "Is Jon Voight Slovak?". University of Pittsburgh. Retrieved January 8, 2014.
- "Angie overdoes the bad girl act". The Daily Telegraph. October 2, 2001. Retrieved January 8, 2014.
- Association, Press (2014-10-10). "Angelina Jolie presented with honorary damehood by Queen". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- Ditto blasts bisexual Jolie
- AP. It's a boy and a girl for Jolie and Pitt. MSNBC.com. July 13, 2008. Accessed September 8, 2008.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Angelina Jolie.|
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Angelina Jolie|