William Bradley "Brad" Pitt (born December 18, 1963) is an Academy Award-winning American Celebrity and Movie producer.
William Bradley Pitt
December 18, 1963
|Occupation||Celebrity, Film producer|
|Years active||1987 - present|
|Height||180 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
(m. 2000; div. 2005)
(m. 2014; div. 2019)
William Bradley Pitt was born in Shawnee, Oklahoma, to Jane Etta (née Hillhouse), a school counsellor, and William Alvin Pitt, who ran a trucking company. The family soon moved to Springfield, Missouri, where he lived together with his younger siblings, Douglas Mitchell Pitt (born 1966) and Julie Neal (born 1969). He was born into a conservative household. He was raised as Southern Baptist. Pitt has described Springfield as "Mark Twain country, Jesse James country", having grown up with "a lot of hills, a lot of lakes".
Pitt's television debut came in May 1987 with a two-episode role on the NBC soap opera Another World. In 1995 Pitt won two MTV Movie Awards for his role in Interview with the Vampire. He played Tyler Durden in Fight Club. Pitt produced the 2013 movie 12 Years a Slave. He also played a small role in the movie.
He starred in two Quentin Tarantino movies: Inglourious Basterds and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
In 2020, he won an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award for his role in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
- ↑ Peyser, Andrea (2010). Celebutards. Citadel Press. p. 81. ISBN 9780806533841.
- ↑ Bunbury, Stephanie (14 December 2008). "The business of being Brad". The Sydney Morning Herald.
- ↑ Chris Mundy (December 1, 1994). "Slippin' around on the road with Brad Pitt". Rolling Stone.
- ↑ ParklandOnline (July 6, 2012). "Brad Pitt's mother bashes Obama in local paper". Parkland Online. United States of America. Archived from the original on October 25, 2019. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- ↑ Dotson Rader (October 7, 2007). "I have faith in my family". Parade. Retrieved January 8, 2014.
- ↑ Stated on Inside the Actors Studio, 2012
- ↑ "Brad Pitt on Another World", The Another World Home Page. Retrieved January 10, 2012.