Battlefield Earth (movie)
Battlefield Earth is a 2000 American science fiction movie directed by Roger Christian and starring John Travolta, Barry Pepper, Forest Whitaker and Kelly Preston. It was adapted from the novel of the Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.
The movie got very poor reviews from film critics. It also did poorly at the box office, because the money earned from the cinemas was less than half of its budget. It won seven Golden Raspberry Awards.
In 2008, it was placed on a list of the ten worse movies of the past ten years.
The movie takes place in the year 3000, when Earth is a ruined wasteland ruled by the Psychlos, who are a brutal race of giant humanoid aliens who have ruled the planet for 1,000 years, and use human slave labor to strip its minerals and other resources, with a special desire for gold. The humans rebel against the aliens.
- Jeff Giles and Alex Vo. "Moldy Tomatoes: The 10 Worst Movies of the Last 10 Years". Rotten Tomatoes. Flixster, Inc. Retrieved 2014, August 9. Check date values in:
- "BATTLEFIELD EARTH". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2 July 2017.
- Battlefield Earth on IMDb
- Battlefield Earth at the TCM Movie Database
- Battlefield Earth at AllMovie
- Battlefield Earth at Box Office Mojo
- Battlefield Earth at Rotten Tomatoes
- Battlefield Earth at Metacritic