Science fiction movie
This article does not have any sources. (June 2009)
Science fiction films are movies which tell stories about the future, outer space, robots, or aliens. Science fiction movies often use special effects to show images of alien worlds or other planets far away.
Science fiction movies are related to science fiction books. Some science fiction movies tell stories about strange or different ways of thinking or ways of living. Other science fiction movies tell stories about politics.
Important Science fiction filmsEdit
- A Trip to the Moon (French: Le Voyage dans la lune) was made by Georges Méliès in 1902. It was one of the first SF films.
- Metropolis is a silent film about a society in the future. That society has two groups: rich thinkers and poor workers. Fritz Lang made the film in 1927.
- 2001: A Space Odyssey is a film by Stanley Kubrick. The film shows ideas about human evolution and artificial intelligence. It was released in 1968.
Science fiction movies and other genresEdit
Some SF movies can also be another kind of movie, too.
- Alien is also a horror movie.
- The Road Warrior is both a science fiction movie and an action movie.
- Men in Black is comedy and science fiction.