Bianca's Kids is a non-profit organization which was founded by Deborah Anne Savigliano in 2010. Its headquarters are in Williamstown, New Jersey. Its mission is to grant wishes to foster children and other children with special needs. Bianca's Kids was started by Savigliano to honor the memory of her 21 year old niece Bianca Yodice. She was studying to be a Social worker when she died in a car accident in 2010. Yodice loved kids and her aunt wanted to make sure she was remembered.
The 501(c) organization grants wishes to children who suffer from physical, emotional or financial issues. The group sees every child in need as deserving their attention. They obtain donations in order to help buy what the kids they help need. This includes medical devices such as braces and wheelchairs.
Since the organization started, Bianca's Kids has granted over 13,000 wishes to children in New Jersey as well as other parts of the world. Some of these wishes have included school backpacks, sports equipment and memorabilia. The charity has also provided things such as prom dresses and even diapers. In 2015, the organization granted a wish to a disabled student to travel to Disney World with his classmates. According to GreatNonprofits, $.95 of every dollar donated to Bianca's Kids goes to the children it helps. In 2014, Bianca's Kids was named a "Top-Rated 2014 Nonprofit" by GreatNonprofits, the leading reviewer of nonprofit organizations.
Savigliano wrote a book about Bianca's Kids in February 2015. The book was made into a documentary film, "From Grief to Gratitude." The movie premiered on June 4, 2016 in Williamstown, New Jersey.
- Carly Q. Romalino (April 6, 2016). "Charity gets new home base". Courrier-Post. www.courierpostonline.com. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- "Biancas Kids nonprofit in Williamstown, NJ - Volunteer, Read Reviews, Donate - GreatNonprofits".
- Ukee Washington. "Brotherly Love: Helping Bianca's Kids, In Her Memory". CBS Philly. CBS Local Media. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- "Bianca's Kids". tdbank.com. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- "Biancas Kids". GreatNonProfits.org. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- Staff (November 06, 2014). "South Jersey Bianca's Kids honored by GreatNonprofits as 2014 top-rated non-profit". NJ.com. New Jersey On-Line LLC. Retrieved December 1, 2016. Check date values in:
- Kelly Roncace. "Film shows how Bianca's Kids founder went 'From Grief to Gratitude'". NJ.com. New Jersey On-Line LLC. Retrieved December 1, 2016.