Black Eyed Peas
The Black Eyed Peas are an American musical group from Los Angeles, California. Over the years their music has included hip hop, R&B, dance and Latin. The group currently has three members: Will.i.am, apl.de.ap, Taboo.
Black Eyed Peas
|Also known as|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
Members of the Black Eyed Peas and its history change
- Stacy Ann Ferguson, better known by her stage name Fergie, was born on March 27, 1975. She is an American R&B singer, actress and songwriter of Irish, Mexican, and Scottish descent. She was revealed by the kids TV series Kids Incorporated and another TV show, Great Pretenders. The TV series revealed her talents and she began her career of singer with the R&B trio Wild Orchid which became the group of the Black Eyed Peas. She acted in the movie Nine which came out in theatres in 2010. In 2017, Fergie left the group to focus on her solo career.
- will.i.am (real name William James Adams) was born on March 15, 1975, in Los Angeles. He is an American rapper and singer of Jamaican descent. will.i.am rose to fame as frontman and co-founder of the Black Eyed Peas. He has recently left Interscope for a solo deal with Def Jam.
- Allan Pineda Lindo, better known by his stage name Apl.de.ap, is a Filipino American rapper and producer. He was born on November 28, 1974 in Angeles City in the Philippines, from the age of 11 and he moved to the United States because he was adopted by the Hudgen's family. He began his career of singer and performer in the group "Atban Klann" with Will.i.am, which become the "Black Eyed Peas" when Taboo entered this group in 1995.
- Taboo (real name Jaime Luis Gomez) was born on July 14, 1975 in Los Angeles. He joined the Black Eyed Peas in 1995. He has a son named "Josh" who was born on December 5, 1993.
Before they became popular, the group's members were will.i.am, apl.de.ap, Taboo and backing vocalist Kim Hill. Hill left the group in 2000 and was replaced in 2003 by Fergie. They first became popular with the single "Where Is the Love" and the album Elephunk and their next album, Monkey Business was also successful. They have more recently released The E.N.D., an album that has had the successful singles "Boom Boom Pow", "I Gotta Feeling" and "Meet Me Halfway".
- Fresh, Mikey (2 June 2017). "Fergie Takes A Break From Black Eyed Peas To Focus On Solo Career". Vibe. Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group. Retrieved 4 June 2017.