Robert Renfroe "Bob" Riley (born October 3, 1944) is an American politician. He is a member of the Republican party. He was the 52nd Governor of Alabama from 2003 until 2011. He was first elected to office in 2002 and re-elected in 2006. Riley was born in Ashland.
|52nd Governor of Alabama|
January 20, 2003 – January 17, 2011
|Preceded by||Don Siegelman|
|Succeeded by||Robert Bentley|
|Member of the U.S. House of Representatives|
from Alabama's 3rd district
January 3, 1997 – January 3, 2003
|Preceded by||Glen Browder|
|Succeeded by||Mike Rogers|
Robert Renfroe Riley
October 3, 1944
|Alma mater||University of Alabama|
Real estate developer
He has a wife, four children (one is dead), and seven grandchildren.
- "On this day in Alabama history: Former Gov. Bob Riley was born". Alabama NewsCenter. 2018-10-03. Retrieved 2021-04-14.
- "Former Gov. Bob Riley seriously injured in Alaska motorcycle crash (Updated)". al.com. 27 June 2011.
- National Governors Association—Alabama Governor Bob Riley Archived 2011-06-29 at the Wayback Machine biography
- Bob Riley for Governor Archived 2006-11-01 at the Wayback Machine - Official campaign site
- Follow the Money—Bob Riley[permanent dead link] 2006 campaign contributions
- On the Issues—Bob Riley issue positions and quotes
- Project Vote Smart—Governor Robert R. 'Bob' Riley (AL) profile