Australian composer, conductor
Brett Dean (born 23 October 1961) is a contemporary Australian composer, violist and conductor. He was born in Brisbane, Queensland. In 1981 he was a prize winner in the ABC Symphony Australia Young Performers Awards. From 1985 to 1999, Dean was a violist in the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra. Dean was Artistic Director of the Australian National Academy of Music in Melbourne until June 2010 when his brother, Paul, got the job.
On 5 March 2020, it was confirmed that Dean was hospitalized in Adelaide with the COVID-19 illness.
- ↑ Mahlke, Sybill (10 December 2018). "Geliebte Viola". Tagesspiegel (in German). Berlin. Retrieved 24 November 2019.
- ↑ "ANAM Announces New Artistic Director" at Australian Stage, 26 March 2010
- ↑ "Australian composer Brett Dean hospitalized with coronavirus". washingtontimes.com. 5 March 2020. Retrieved 6 March 2020.
- Australian Music Centre Archived 2006-10-11 at the Wayback Machine
- Biography, Boosey & Hawkes
- Brett Dean's Homepage with his agency, Intermusica
- Complete live performance of Brett Dean's violin concerto The Lost Art of Letter Writing by Australian violinist Sophie Rowell with Adelaide Symphony Orchestra conducted by Arvo Volmer