Swiss actor (1941–2019)
Bruno Ganz (22 March 1941 – 16 February 2019)[a] was a Swiss actor. He was born in Zurich to an Italian mother and Swiss father. Ganz was best known for playing Adolf Hitler in the 2004 movie Downfall.
|Died||16 February 2019 (aged 77)|
In February 2018, Ganz was diagnosed with small intestine cancer. He died on 16 February 2019 in Au, Wädenswil from the disease, aged 77, a month before his 78th birthday.
- ↑ The date of death is disputed. BBC and The New York Times claim night of the 15th, Süddeutsche Zeitung and Tagesanzeiger claim early hours of the 16th, Deutsche Welle claims overnight to the 16th, Agence France-Presse claims during the night from the 15th to 16th, Blick claims the 16th around 2 am.
- ↑ "Swiss-born actor Bruno Ganz established himself in Germany, first as co-founder of the Schaubuhne Theatre company, then as a romantic lead in films". Archived from the original on 2013-01-25. Retrieved 2011-04-26.
- ↑ "he got his first film role with 19... ...but his absolute break through he has with in a play by Peter Zadek in Bremen". Retrieved 2011-04-26.[permanent dead link]
- ↑ "Bruno Ganz leidet an Krebs (German)". Retrieved 2018-08-02.
- ↑ Schauspieler Bruno Ganz ist tot (in German)
Media related to Bruno Ganz at Wikimedia Commons
- Bruno Ganz on IMDb