|• Mayor||Petr Rys|
|• Total||29.34 km2 (11.33 sq mi)|
|Elevation||409 m (1,342 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST|
Bruntál was probably built in 1223. Its name is in the Unicov Charter published by Přemysl Otakar I. It is the oldest Czech city with Magdeburg Rights, meaning a city that can have its own wall and judges. Otakar I gave it these rights because of the gold, silver and other minerals from there.
In Bruntál there are many places that tourists visit – for example, the Castle of Bruntál, the Decanal church of the Virgin Mary, Gabriel's house, Mildner's villa, Klippel's column.
- Tereza Krones - also known as Therese Krones
- Engelbert Adam - writer
- Jan Krištof Handke
- Rudolf Templer - painter
- Viktor Heeger - pedagogue
- Karl Anton Gebauer explorer
- Walter Gotschke self-taught artist
- Emmerich Machold
There are 5 primary schools and 6 intermediate schools. Since 2003, there are 2 universities.
- "Population of municipalities of the Czech republic". Czech Statistical Office. Retrieved 2019-04-30.