Bushido is a German rapper. He was born in Bonn, North Rhine-Westphalia, 28 September 1978 and raised in Berlin. His real name is Anis Mohamed Youssef Ferchichi. Bushido left the record company Aggro Berlin in 2001. Now he has his own record label ersguterjunge and insults his old label, for example in the song Sonnenbank Flavour. Other big hits are Von der Skyline zum Bordstein und zurück and Nie Ein Rapper ( Never a rapper ). In 2006, he won the category German act of the European Music Awards in Copenhagen.
The artist name "Bushido" is Japanese and means "Way of the Warrior". Bushido was raised by his mother. He met his Tunisian father when he was 26 years old. Bushido was raised in Berlin-Tempelhof and went to the "Gymnasium" (German "grammar school", the highest school form) which he quit without his Abitur (German "A-level", right to study at university). He started his drug-selling career.
He first came to rap through graffiti where he painted walls using the name "Fuchs" (German "Fox"). He learned about rap music from his friend Vader(-licious) from DMK (Dark Mingz Klique). Together with King Orgasmus, the three recorded a tape under the name "030" which is the telephone number for Berlin. Bushido's first commercial appearance was on the Frauenarzt-Tape with King Orgasmus for I Luv Money Records in 2002. A short time later he published his self-made first album King of Kingz.
German Rap is based on a monarchy view of things. Everything is a kingdom and the best rappers are kings. There are currently three Kings: Kool Savas, Azad and Bushido himself. However at that time, nobody knew him, but his raps were thought of being very good. Because he knew that, he named his record "King of Kingz". He said "there can be 2 Kings, one for Berlin (Kool Savas) and one for Frankfurt am Main (Azad). Whatever. I shit on 'em. I'm the King. There is noone despite me. Fuck it. I'm the King of Kings."
This record was his way up. He was signed by Aggro Berlin which released this tape. He then made his well known record Carlo, Cokxxx, Nutten (English: Carlo, Cocain, Hoes) and Vom Bordstein bis zu Skyline (From Pavement to the Skyline) which gained him fame nationwide.
In 2004 he quit Aggro Berlin and started his own label Ersguterjunge ("First best boy", a term which was used in the 1930s). He recorded albums and released them every 6 months. Including Electroghetto, Carlo, Cokxxx, Nutten 2 and Staatsfeind Nr 1 ( State enemy No. 1). He was officially accused for making racist material and disrespect of minorities and females. However, this could not stop him from gaining success and fame. All his Albums gained Top-3 Chart placements. He was the first German Rapper to have two Albums in TOP-10 Charts placement.
Other rappers, for example the American rapper Raptile, said that Bushido rapped about a way of life he never lived. Media like CNN showed that this is not true. In August 2005 he was sentenced to jail in Austria for beating someone with his bodyguards. They beat up the person because that person damaged the tires of his car. The Austrian judge gave him the option to pay 100.000 Euro ( 150,000 USD) to get out of jail. This was the highest amount possible by law and the judge thought Bushido could not afford that.
- 1999: Demotape (Not distributed)
- 2001: King of KingZ
- 2002: Carlo, Cokxxx, Nutten, as Sonny Black with Fler aka Frank White
- 2003: King Of KingZ [Digital Remastered Version]
- 2003: Demotape 1999 (First limited distribution, just 300 copies)
- 2003: Vom Bordstein bis zur Skyline
- 2004: King of KingZ 2004 Edition
- 2004: Electro Ghetto
- 2005: Carlo Cokxxx Nutten 2, as Sonny Black with Saad
- 2005: King of KingZ & Demotape - extended version
- 2005: Staatsfeind Nr. 1
- 2005: Electro Ghetto (Limited Pur Edition) (18. November 2005) (non-explicit with 5 Remixes)
- 2006 Von der Skyline zum Bordstein zurück
- 2008: Heavy Metal Payback
- 2009 Carlo,Cokxxx Nutten 2,as Sonnyblack with Fler aka Frank White
- 2010 Zeiten ändern dich
- 2011 Jenseits von Gut und Böse
- 2011 23 (with Sido)
- 2012 AMYF
- 2014 Sonny Black
- 2015 Carlo, Coxxx, Nutten III
- 2016 CLA$$IC with Shindy
- 2003: Bei Nacht
- 2003: Gemein wie 10
- 2004: Nie wieder
- 2004: Mitten ins Gesicht (Promo track in Electro Ghetto Player)
- 2004: Electro Ghetto
- 2004: Nie wieder
- 2004: Zukunft
- 2005: Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt (with Cassandra Steen)
- 2005: FLERräter (Free track with Eko Fresh)
- 2005: Nie ein Rapper (feat. Saad)
- 2005: Worldwide (Strapt & Bushido)
- 2005: Endgegner / Staatsfeind Nr.1
- 2006: Von der Skyline zum Bordstein zurück
- 2006: Sonnenbank Flavour
- 2006: Vendetta (with Chakuza & Eko Fresh)
- 2007: Janine
- 2007: Eure Kinder (Chakuza feat. Bushido)
- 2007: Alles verloren
- 2007: Reich mir nicht deine Hand
- 2007: Ring frei! (Eko Fresh feat. Bushido)
- 2007: Alles Gute kommt von unten (with Chakuza & Kay One)
- 2008: Regen (Saad feat. Bushido)
- 2008: Unter der Sonne (Chakuza feat. Bushido)
- 2008: Ching Ching
- 2008: Für immer jung (feat. Karel Gott)
- 2009: Kennst du die Stars (Oliver Pocher & Bushido)
- 2009: Eine Chance / Zu Gangsta (Bushido produziert Sonny Black & Frank White)
- 2010: Alles wird gut