Cary Grant (January 18, 1904 - November 29, 1986), born as Archibald Alexander Leach in Bristol, United Kingdom, was an actor in the United States.. He starred in many movies, including 1959's North by Northwest.
Grant in 1941
Archibald Alexander Leach
January 18, 1904
|Died||November 29, 1986 (aged 82)|
|Cause of death||Cerebral hemorrhage|
|Other names||Archie Leach|
|Education||Bishop Road Primary School|
Fairfield Grammar School
|Spouse(s)||Virginia Cherrill (1934–1935)|
Barbara Hutton (1943–1945)
Betsy Drake (1949–1962)
Dyan Cannon (1965–1968)
Barbara Harris (1981–1986)
|Partner(s)||Maureen Donaldson (1973–1977)|
|Children||Jennifer Grant (born 1966)|
|Awards||Academy Honorary Award (1970) For his unique mastery of the art of screen acting with the respect and affection of his colleagues.|
Kennedy Center Honors (1981)
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Cary Grant|
- "Cary Grant's Body Cremated In California". Orlando Sentinel, December 2, 1986.
- van Matre, Lynn (April 10, 1989). "The Unseen Faces of Cary Grant". Chicago Tribune. Chicago, Illinois. Retrieved May 22, 2016.
- Abrams, Garry (March 24, 1989). "Shadows on a Legend: Cary Grant's Image as the Perfect Hollywood Heartthrob is Sullied in Two Competing New Books Portraying a Darker Side to the Star". Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles, California. Retrieved May 22, 2016.
- McCann, Graham (1997). Cary Grant: A Class Apart. London: Fourth Estate. p. 13. ISBN 978-1-8570-2574-3.
- Higham, Charles; Moseley, Roy (1990). Cary Grant: The Lonely Heart. Avon Books. p. 277. ISBN 978-0-380-71009-6. Check
|isbn=value: invalid character (help).CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- Nelson, Nancy (2002). Evenings with Cary Grant: Recollections in His Own Words and by Those Who Knew Him Best. Citadel Press. p. 290. ISBN 978-0806524122.