Chained (2012 movie)
This article does not have any sources. (September 2019)
Chained is a 2012 Canadian psychological horror movie. It is about a cab-driving serial killer who stalks his victims on the streets. This movie was originally marked NC-17 (no children 17 and under admitted) by the MPAA. It was edited downwards to an R. It was released theatrically in some countries, direct-to-video in the United States.
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Bob
- Daniel Maslany as Young Bob
- Eamon Farren as Rabbit / Tim Fittler
- Evan Bird as Young Rabbit
- Julia Ormond as Sarah Fittler
- Conor Leslie as Angie
- Jake Weber as Brad Fittler
- Michael Maslany as Young Brad
- Gina Philips as Marie
Additionally, Troy Skog and Shannon Jardine play Bob's parents and Alexander Doerksen plays Colin. Amy Matysio appears as Mary, one of Bob's victims. Director Jennifer Lynch has a cameo as a cooking show host on TV.
Peter Bradshaw from The Guardian and Tim Robey from The Daily Telegraph both rated the movie 1/5 stars. The earlier called it "a fantastically crass and fatuous-in other words, silly and pointless-serial killer movie." The latter thought that Chained was "a lurid disgrace."
On the opposite end, Lauren Taylor from Bloody Disgusting rated the movie 4/5 stars. Taylor wrote: "Chained takes a typical tale of an abused child and makes something that is Oscar worthy." Rotten Tomatoes has the movie rated near 72% approval.
- "MPAA Denies NC-17 Appeal". Indie Wire. Retrieved September 11, 2019.
- "Review: Chained". Variety Magazine. Retrieved September 11, 2019.
- "Fantasia Genre and Film Fest Books". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved September 11, 2019.
- "Chained Review". Daily Telegraph. Retrieved September 11, 2019.
- "D'Onofrio Steals Show". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved September 11, 2019.
- "Chained". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved September 11, 2019.