Chishima Province (千島国, Chishima-no kuni) was a old province of Japan north of the island of Hokkaido. It included islands which are commonly known as the Kurile Islands or Kurile Islands. The history of the province started in 1869 and ended in 1882.
Related pages Edit
- See Chishima Islands dispute; and compare en:Kuril Islands dispute
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Hokkaido" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 343.
- Satow, Ernest. (1882). "The Geography of Japan" in Transactions of the Asiatic Society of Japan, Vols. 1-2, p. 33; Great Britain Parliament. (1887). House of Commons Papers, Vol. 101, p. 77.
- Nussbaum, "Provinces and prefectures" at p. 780.
- Great Britain Parliament, p. 78.
Other websites Edit
Media related to Chishima Province at Wikimedia Commons