Club Atlético de Madrid is a Spanish football team from Madrid, the capital city of Spain, that play in La Liga. They are managed by Diego Simeone and they play their home games at the Wanda Metropolitano. They have had famous players like Álvaro Morata, Antoine Griezmann, Kieran Trippier, Jan Oblak, and Renan Lodi.
|Full name||Club Atlético de Madrid|
|2020/21||1st of 20, Champions|
This article does not have any sources. (May 2020)
In the number of titles, Atlético Madrid is the third most successful club in Spanish football, behind Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid are city rivals, because both are from Madrid. They compete each year in what is called the Madrid Derby. Until recently, Atlético Madrid had struggled in the derby, carrying a 14-year winless streak into the 2012–13 season. This ended on 17 May 2013 after Atlético beat their city rivals Real Madrid 2–1 at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium in the final of the 2012-13 Copa del Rey.
- 1903-1939 Athletic Club de Madrid
- 1939-1941 Athletic Aviación
- 1941-1946 Atlético Aviación
- 1946-present Club Atlético de Madrid
- La Liga : 10
- 1939/40, 1940/41, 1949/50, 1950/51, 1965/66, 1969/70, 1972/73, 1976/77, 1995/96, 2013/14, 2020/2021
- Copa del Rey (Kings Cup) : 10
- 1959–60, 1960–61, 1964–65, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1984–85, 1990–91, 1991–92, 1995–96, 2012–13
- Supercopa de España (Spanish Super Cup) : 2
- 1985, 2014
- Intercontinental Cup : 1
- UEFA Cup Winners Cup : 1
- UEFA Europa League : 2
- 2009–10, 2011–12
- UEFA Super Cup : 1
- 2010, 2012
- Intercontinental Cup: 1
- ↑ "Tructiepbongda". Wednesday, 23 February 2022