Wikimedia disambiguation page
A commonwealth is a group of people or of groups with a common aim to improve themselves, help each other and share knowledge and resources.
The word can refer to several organisations:
- The Commonwealth of Nations, the countries linked with the United Kingdom usually speaking English
- The Commonwealth of Independent States was the collection of countries which were part of the Soviet Union
It is also part of the official name of some countries
- The Commonwealth of Australia
or part of the official name of some US states and territories
- The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- The Commonwealth of Virginia
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- The Commonwealth of Kentucky
- The Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
In history the Commonwealth of England was the name of England between 1649 and 1660, when England had no king.
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Commonwealth.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.