- Confidentiality: Making sure people cannot acquire information they should not (keeping secrets)
- Integrity: Making sure people cannot change information they should not (protecting data)
- Availability: Making sure people cannot stop the computer from doing its job.
Computer security involves telling computers what they are not to do. This makes computer security unique because most programming makes computers do things. Security takes much of a computer's power.
Basic computer security methods (in approximate order of strength) can be:
- Limit access to computers to "safe" users.
- Peripherals that block any "unsafe" activity.
- Firewall and antivirus software.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Computer security.|