Courteney Bass Cox (born June 15, 1964) is an American actress. She is best known for playing Monica on the television series Friends and for her role in the movie Scream and its sequels. Cox married David Arquette between seasons 5 and 6 of Friends, and changed her name to Courteney Cox Arquette. She later changed it back in honor of her parents.
Cox in March 2010
Courteney Bass Cox
June 15, 1964
Birmingham, Alabama, U.S.
|Other names||Courteney Cox Arquette|
(1999–2013; 1 child)
|Partner(s)||Michael Keaton (1989–1995)|
Johnny McDaid (2013 present)
|Children||Coco Riley Arquette|
( June 13, 2004 )
Courteney Cox was raised in Mountain Brook, Alabama, a suburb of Birmingham. She is the daughter of businessman Richard Lewis Cox (January 28, 1931 – September 3, 2001) and his wife Courteney (née Bass, later Copeland). She has two older sisters, Virginia and Dottie, and an older brother, Richard, Jr. Her parents divorced in 1974 and her mother then married businessman Hunter Copeland (uncle to music promoter and business manager Ian Copeland). After graduating from Mountain Brook High School, Cox left for Mount Vernon College in Washington, D.C., but did not complete her architecture course. She instead pursued a career in modeling and acting.
Marriage and familyEdit
In 1996, Cox began dating actor David Arquette. The couple married on June 12, 1999. They have one child together, a daughter named Coco Riley Arquette (born June 13, 2004). Coco's godmother is family friend Jennifer Aniston. Cox had seven miscarriages between 2001 and November 2010. She and her husband separated on December 31, 2011. Arquette filed for divorce on June 8, 2012.
- "Separation announcement". Ctv.ca. Retrieved November 24, 2010.
- "Celebrity Central / Top 25 Celebs: Courteney Cox". People.com. Retrieved June 12, 2012.
- Courteney Cox. "Courteney Cox Arquette". People. Retrieved January 10, 2014.
- "Courteney Cox Biography (1920–)". filmreference.com=. NetIndustries, LLC. Retrieved January 10, 2014.
- "Dowling Family Genealogy".
- "hollywood.com". Cox's parents are Richard and Courtney Cox. Archived from the original on June 29, 2012. Retrieved August 29, 2009.
- "Mountain Brook one of 10 of the nation's wealthiest communities". Al.com. December 30, 2008. Retrieved January 10, 2014.
- "hollywood.com". Cox's stepfather is Hunter Copeland, uncle of Ian Copeland. Archived from the original on June 29, 2012. Retrieved January 10, 2014.
- "movies.msn.com". Cox left college to pursue a career in modeling and acting. MSN. Retrieved January 10, 2014.