Cuties (French: Mignonnes) is a 2020 French coming-of-age comedy-drama movie. It was written and directed by Maïmouna Doucouré. The movie stars Fathia Youssouf, Médina El Aidi-Azouni, Esther Gohourou, Ilanah Cami-Goursolas and Maïmouna Gueye. The movie is about a French-Senegalese Muslim girl who becomes interested in internet culture, even though a lot of it is against her religion. The film was first shown at the 2020 Sundance Film Festival on 23 January 2020. It was released in France on 19 August 2020, and to the rest of the world on 9 September 2020 on Netflix.
|Directed by||Maïmouna Doucouré|
|Written by||Maïmouna Doucouré|
|Music by||Niko Noki|
|Distributed by||BAC Films|
Critics mainly said that the movie was good, but many people online did not like the movie as they thought it showed children in a sexual way. The National Center on Sexual Exploitation agreed with the people online, and said that Netflix should not have released the movie.
- "Cuties (2020)". Box Office Mojo. Archived from the original on 12 September 2020. Retrieved September 13, 2020.
- "Cuties". BAC Films. Archived from the original on 12 June 2020. Retrieved 12 June 2020.
- Halligan, Fionnuala (24 January 2020). "'Cuties': Sundance Review". Screen Daily. Archived from the original on 24 January 2020. Retrieved 12 June 2020.
- "'Cuties' ('Mignonnes'): Film Review | Sundance 2020". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on 24 June 2020. Retrieved 12 June 2020.
- Moniuszko, Sara M. "Netflix encourages viewers to watch 'Cuties'; National Center on Sexual Exploitation disagrees". USA TODAY. Archived from the original on 12 September 2020. Retrieved 11 September 2020.
- Crowley, James (11 September 2020). ""#CancelNetflix is valid": The National Center on Sexual Exploitation weighs in on "Cuties"". Newsweek. Archived from the original on 12 September 2020. Retrieved 12 September 2020.
- Gariano, Francesca. "Netflix faces backlash again for French film 'Cuties' about young girls". TODAY.com. Archived from the original on 12 September 2020. Retrieved 12 September 2020.