The Dallas Mavericks are an American professional basketball team from Dallas, Texas. They play in the National Basketball Association (NBA). They were founded in 1980. They play their home games at the American Airlines Center. Their owner is Mark Cuban. Though they have had good teams for most of the 2000s, they only made the NBA Finals once in 2006, where they lost to the Miami Heat 4-2. Dallas Mavericks players include Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Kidd, Jason Terry, Shawn Marion, Caron Butler, and Peja Stojakovic. They won their first NBA Championship in 2011 when they beat the Miami Heat in a 4-2 series in a rematch from 2006. After the championship, the Mavericks would not make it past the first/second rounds until 2022.
|Arena||American Airlines Center|
|Team colors||Royal blue, navy blue, silver, black|
|General manager||Nico Harrison|
|Head coach||Jason Kidd|
|Conference titles||2 (2006, 2011)|
|Division titles||4 (1987, 2007, 2010, 2021)|
|Retired numbers||5 (6, 12, 15, 22, 41)|
- "NBA.com/Stats–Dallas Mavericks seasons". National Basketball Association. Archived from the original on September 15, 2017. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- "History: Team by Team" (PDF). 2018–19 Official NBA Guide. NBA Properties, Inc. October 8, 2018. Archived from the original (PDF) on April 11, 2019. Retrieved June 1, 2019.
- "Frequently Asked Questions". Mavs.com. NBA Media Ventures, LLC. Retrieved June 14, 2016.
- "Dallas Mavericks Reproduction Guideline Sheet". NBA Properties, Inc. Retrieved August 10, 2016.
- "MAVS AND 5miles ANNOUNCE MULTI-YEAR PARTNERSHIP". Mavs.com (Press release). NBA Media Ventures, LLC. March 6, 2018. Retrieved October 29, 2018.
- "Mavericks vs. Heat - The Finals - 2011 NBA Playoffs - NBA.com". www.nba.com.