Dennis Andrew Nilsen (23 November 1945 – 12 May 2018) was a British serial killer and necrophile. He murdered at least 15 young men in a series of killings committed between 1978 and 1983 in London, England. He was convicted of six counts of murder and two of attempted murder at the Old Bailey, Nilsen was sentenced to life imprisonment on 4 November 1983, with a recommendation that he serve a minimum of 25 years. He was born in Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire.
- "Serial killer Dennis Nilsen dies in prison". Sky News. Retrieved 12 May 2018.
- "Dennis Nilsen: Serial killer dies in prison aged 72". BBC. 12 May 2018. Retrieved 12 May 2018.
- Nicholson, David (5 November 1983). "Nilsen given 25-year sentence". The Times (61682). London. p. 1.
- Nicholson, David (5 November 1983). "The lonely murderer who preyed on young drifters". The Times (61682). London. p. 3.
- "Dennis Nilsen: Serial killer dies in prison aged 72". BBC News. 12 May 2018. Retrieved 12 May 2018.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Dennis Nilsen|
- Sunday Times article relating to Nilsen's autobiography, History of a Drowning Boy
- Extracts from Dennis Nilsen's unpublished autobiography
- Transcript of Nilsen's 2004 appeal to the Royal Courts of Justice, seeking to overturn a 2003 ruling his autobiography cannot be returned to him, and must remain unpublished