Wikimedia disambiguation page
Development has meaning in several contexts:
- Land improvement and/or construction involving land, buildings or infrastructure (see project, public housing and real estate development); excessive development of this kind may lead to overdevelopment
- Urban development is the process of developing populated settlements (see urban planning and urban renewal)
- New product development
- Software development (disambiguation)
- The development branch of a piece of software
- Sustainable development seeks a holistic notion of development encompassing environmental and social as well as economic aspects
- Technology development, improving or researching changes in technology (e.g. involving biotechnology, nanotechnology, or software)
- Biological development or morphogenesis of embryos in the context of developmental biology
- Development (journal) published twice monthly by the Company of Biologists.
- Child development, in the context of physical development, or post-natal human development (pediatrics, etc.).
Social science and politicsEdit
- Developmental psychology is the study of human psychological development.
- Human development
- Social development, processes of change in societies
- Economic development, the economic aspect of social change
- Sociocultural evolution or cultural development
- Sustainable development
- Development studies, the multidisciplinary social scientific study of development
International and regional developmentEdit
- International development, the process of economic and social development in developing countries
- Development aid, the provision of aid and other forms of assistance to communities or countries
- Development aid agencies
- Development charities
- Regional development, provision of aid and assistance to the less economically developed regions
Personal and professional improvementEdit
- Career development
- Leadership development
- Personal development, the development of the self (see also self-help)
- Professional development
- Business development, a process of growing a business
- Corporate development, a position in a business
- Employee development (see also human resources)
- New product development (above)
- Organization development (see also training and development)
Arts and popular cultureEdit
- Arrested Development (TV series), a television show based upon a company and a family
- Arrested Development (hip hop group), a hip hop group popular in the early 1990s.
- Development (album), a nu-metal album by musical group Nonpoint
- Musical development, the transformation and restatement of initial material, often contrasted with musical variation
- Photographic developer, or more generally photographic processing, the chemicals and methods of revealing the latent image in photographic material
- Script development, the development process in movie making, aimed at getting a project greenlighted
- Net (polyhedron) in geometry, the development of a polyhedral solid
- Development (differential geometry), the process of rolling one surface over another, and generalizations of this idea, including:
- Parallel transport, the development of geometric data along curves
- Developable surfaces, surfaces which are developments of (i.e., isometric to) the plane
- Development (topology), a refinable net of open coverings.
- develop, Apple Computer's programming magazine
- a synonym for fundraising
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Development.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.