Dustin Lee Hoffman (born August 8, 1937) is an American actor. He has been in many movies.
|Born||August 8, 1937|
Hoffman was born in Los Angeles, California. He is the younger son of Lillian, a jazz pianist, and Harry Hoffman, who worked as a prop supervisor/set decorator at Columbia Pictures before becoming a furniture salesman. His brother, Ronald, is a lawyer and economist. Hoffman's family was Jewish, although he was not brought up religious. After he married his second wife, he started to observe Judaism more. His family was also from Yviv in what is now Ukraine. He graduated from Los Angeles High School in 1955.
Dustin Hoffman's moviesEdit
Hoffman starred in The Graduate, Midnight Cowboy, Marathon Man, All the President's Men, Kramer vs. Kramer, Tootsie, Stranger than Fiction, Meet the Fockers and Rain Man.
In 2013, Hoffman had successful treatment for cancer.
- ↑ Yahoo movies biography.
- ↑ Film Reference.com biography.
- ↑ Bernard, Sarah (2007-11-18). "The Tortoise and the Whoopee Cushion". New York Magazine. Retrieved 2007-11-22.
- ↑ Hoffman's Jewish return. Ynet.com. 19 November 2006.
- ↑ Gross, Terry (January 16, 2013). 'Quartet': Dustin Hoffman, Behind The Camera (Radio broadcast). National Public Radio (NPR). Archived from the original on February 15, 2015. Retrieved June 24, 2014.
- ↑ "Dustin Hoffman says it's a great era for television, the worst ever for film". The Jewish Journal of Greater Los Angeles. July 8, 2015. Retrieved May 19, 2018.
- ↑ Schleier, Curt (January 3, 2013). "Hollywood Legend Talks Films and Faith". Forward.com. Archived from the original on May 2, 2013. Retrieved April 15, 2013.
- ↑ Pogrebin, Abigail (October 2005). Stars of David: Prominent Jews Talk About Being Jewish. Broadway Books. ISBN 0-7679-1612-3.
- ↑ Finding Your Roots, March 8, 2016, PBS