University of Florida
public research university in Gainesville, Florida, United States
(Redirected from Florida Gators)
The University of Florida (UF) is a public university in Gainesville, Florida, US. The campus is 2,000 acres and has more than 900 structures, as well as other locations in the state of Florida. Important research activities at the university are in medicine, at Shands Hospital, and in agriculture. The mascot of UF is an alligator, and students and fans of the university's athletic teams are often called "Gators."
|University of the State of Florida|
|Motto||Civium in moribus rei publicae salus (Latin)|
Motto in English
|The welfare of the state depends upon the morals of its citizens|
|Type||Flagship state university|
|Students||50,116 (2010 Fall)|
|Undergraduates||32,064 (2010 Fall)|
|Postgraduates||18,052 (2010 Fall)|
|Campus||2,000 acres (8.1 km2)|
Total: 2,000 acres (8.1 km2)
|Colors||Orange (PMS 172) and Blue (PMS 287)|
|Athletics||NCAA Division I FBS, SEC|
|Affiliations||State University System of Florida, AAU|
|Mascot||Albert and Alberta|
- ↑ This is the year classes began at the East Florida Seminary, the oldest of the institutions that were eventually merged to create the University of Florida. This date was set by the Florida Board of Control in 1935; previously the university traced its founding date to 1905, when these institutions were merged. See Klein, Barry (July 29, 2000). "FSU's age change: history or one-upmanship?". St. Petersburg Times. Retrieved July 7, 2010.
- ↑ As of January, 2011. "U.S. and Canadian Institutions Listed by Fiscal Year 2010 Endowment Market Value and Percentage Change in Endowment Market Value from FY 2009 to FY 201-" (PDF). 2010 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments. National Association of College and University Business Officers. Archived from the original (PDF) on July 1, 2012. Retrieved January 29, 2011.
- ↑ www.ir.ufl.edu/factbook/staff.htm
- ↑ "University of Florida official numbers". University of Florida - Office of Institutional Planning and Research. October 15, 2009. Archived from the original on October 9, 2010. Retrieved June 8, 2010.
- ↑ University of Florida Identity: Signature System Archived 2011-10-19 at the Wayback Machine. University of Florida