Forever Marshall Islands
"Forever Marshall Islands" (Marshallese: Indeeo Ṃajeḷ) is the national anthem of the Marshall Islands. Former President Amata Kabua created the lyrics. Korean composer Gil ok-yun composed the music. President Amata Kabua requested that a new anthem be created. The song was finished and recorded at Oasis records in Seoul.[a]
|National anthem of||Marshall Islands|
|Music||Gil ok yun|
- Aelōn̄ eo ao ion lometo,
- Einwot wut ko lōti ion dren elae;
- Kin meram in Mekar jen ijo ilan̄,
- Erreo an romak ioir kin meram in mour.
- Eltan pein Anij eweleo im wōj,
- Kejolit kij kin ijin jikir emol;
- Ijjamin Ilok jen in aō lemoran,
- Anij an ro jemem wonakke im kejrammon...
- Aelin̄ kein ad!
- My island lies over the ocean,
- Like a wreath of flowers upon the sea;
- With the light of the Maker from far above,
- Shining with the brilliance of rays of life.
- Our Father's wondrous creation,
- Bequeathed to us, our motherland;
- I'll never leave my dear home sweet home,
- God of our forefathers protect and bless...
- Forever Marshall Islands!
- Lee nak yeon (23 November 1991). "남태평양 신생국 마셜群島 吉屋潤씨가 國歌 만든다" (in Korean). The Dong-a Ilbo. Retrieved 2020-11-09.
- Marshall Islands Overview at Encyclopedia of Nations
- Regarding the composer of this song, some say Amata Kabua also composed the song, however it is more likely that Amata as a producer selected one out of the candidates for the anthem composed by different composers.