Francis I, Holy Roman Emperor
Francis I (Francis Stephen; 8 December 1708 – 18 August 1765) was the titular Holy Roman Emperor and King consort of Germany as well as the prince consort of Tuscany. Francis was the consort of Empress Maria Theresa, who effectively executed the duties of the monarch and head of state of the Holy Roman Empire. With his wife, he was the founder of the Habsburg-Lorraine dynasty. From 1728 until 1737 he was Duke of Lorraine, but lost Lorraine when he had to give it to France. He was the father of Marie Antoinette, the Queen of France.
|Emperor Consort of the Holy Roman Empire (de facto) |
King consort of Germany
|Tenure||13 September 1745 – 18 August 1765|
|Coronation||4 October 1745, Frankfurt|
|Born||8 December 1708|
Ducal Palace of Nancy, Lorraine
|Died||18 August 1765 (aged 56)|
Palace of Innsbruck, Austria
Imperial Crypt, Vienna
|Spouse||Maria Theresa of Austria|
|Issue||Archduchess Maria Elisabeth|
Archduchess Maria Anna
Archduchess Maria Carolina
Joseph II, Holy Roman Emperor
Maria Christina, Duchess of Teschen
Archduchess Maria Elisabeth
Archduke Charles Joseph
Maria Amalia, Duchess of Parma
Leopold II, Holy Roman Emperor
Archduchess Maria Carolina
Archduchess Maria Johanna Gabriela
Archduchess Maria Josepha
Maria Carolina, Queen of Naples and Sicily
Ferdinand, Duke of Modena
Marie Antonia, Queen of France 
Maximilian Francis, Archbishop-Elector of Cologne
|House||House of Lorraine|
|Father||Leopold, Duke of Lorraine|
|Mother||Élisabeth Charlotte d'Orléans|
- Archduchess Maria Elisabeth (1737-1740).
- Archduchess Maria Anna (1738-1789).
- Archduchess Maria Caroline (1740-1741).
- Holy Roman Emperor Joseph II (1741-1790)
- Archduchess Maria Christina, Duchess of Teschen (1742-1798)
- Archduchess Maria Elisabeth (1743-1808).
- Archduke Charles Joseph (1745-1761).
- Archduchess Maria Amalia (1746-1804)
- Holy Roman Emperor Leopold II (1747-1792)
- Archduchess Maria Caroline (stillborn 1748).
- Archduchess Maria Johanna Gabriela (1750-1762).
- Archduchess Maria Josepha (1751-1767).
- Queen Maria Carolina of Naples and Sicily (1752-1814)
- Queen Marie Antoinette of France and Navarre, born Maria Antonia (1755-1793)
- Archduke Maximilian Francis (1756-1801)
Titles and stylesEdit
- 8 December 1708 - 4 June 1723: His Highness Prince Francis Stephan of Lorraine
- 4 June 1723 - 27 March 1729: His Highness The Hereditary Prince of Lorraine
- 27 March 1729 - 12 July 1737: His Royal Highness The Duke of Lorraine
- 12 July 1737 - 20 January 1745: His Royal Highness The Prince consort of Tuscany
- 20 January 1745 - 18 August 1765: His Imperial Majesty The Emperor consort of the Holy Roman Empire
- "Marie Antoinette". Biography.