Gilbert Jeremy Gottfried (February 28, 1955 – April 12, 2022) was an American stand-up comedian, actor, voice actor, and comedian. He was the voice of Iago in the movie Aladdin and the TV show based on the first movie. He also voiced Digit in the PBS educational animated series Cyberchase.
Gilbert Jeremy Gottfried
February 28, 1955
|Died||April 12, 2022 (aged 67)|
Dara Kravitz (m. 2007)
|Relatives||Arlene Gottfried (sister)|
|Medium||Stand-up, film, television|
|Genres||Satire, crude humor, blue comedy, improvisational comedy, black comedy, insult comedy|
|Subject(s)||Religion, race relations, racism, pop culture, sex|
|Notable works and roles||Saturday Night Live|
Comedy Central Roasts
Host of USA Up All Night
Igor Peabody in Problem Child, Problem Child 2 and Problem Child 3
Iago in Aladdin
Digit in Cyberchase
Aflac Duck in the Aflac commercials
Host of Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast
- "Gilbert Gottfried. New York Times".
- "The AFLAC Duck Selected as One of America's Favorite Icons from Aflac.com
- Peterson, Kim (2011-04-26). "Aflac duck gets Minnesota accent?". MSN Money. Archived from the original on 2011-04-29. Retrieved 2011-04-26.
- "Gilbert Gottfried: Biography, Latest News & Videos".
- "Gilbert Gottfried Biography". Archived from the original on 2012-10-12. Retrieved 2012-04-14.
- "Gilbert Gottfried, iconic comedian, dies at 67 after long illness". NBC News. Retrieved 2022-04-12.
- "Gilbert Gottfried Dies: Beloved Comedian and Voice Icon Was 67". Indie Wire. April 12, 2022. Retrieved April 12, 2022.
- "Gilbert Gottfied Dead at 67". TMZ. April 12, 2022. Retrieved April 12, 2022.