American public television network
Coordinates: 38°51′19″N 77°03′00″W / 38.855182°N 77.049958°W
The Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) is a non-profit public broadcasting TV service with many member TV stations in the United States. It is based in Arlington, Virginia. The equivalent service for radio in the United States is National Public Radio (NPR) is
|Founded||November 3, 1969|
|Headquarters||Crystal City, Arlington, Virginia, U.S.|
|Owner||PBS's member public television stations|
|October 5, 1970|
|Affiliates||List of member stations|
|Replaced||National Educational Television (1952–1970)|
- ↑ "About PBS - Overview". PBS. Archived from the original on September 7, 2018. Retrieved September 10, 2018.
- ↑ "About PBS - Leadership Team". PBS. Archived from the original on June 12, 2018. Retrieved June 11, 2018.
- ↑ Boyer, Peter J. (January 3, 1986). "Hartford N. Gunn Jr. is Dead; Public Broadcasting Founder". New York Times. Archived from the original on June 12, 2018. Retrieved June 11, 2018.
- ↑ "15 Years As America's Most Trusted Institution" (PDF). PBS. Archived (PDF) from the original on June 11, 2018. Retrieved June 11, 2018.
- ↑ "Network Profile: PBS". Station Index. Archived from the original on February 1, 2016. Retrieved February 4, 2016.