Good Morning, Mickey!
Good Morning, Mickey! is an American animated television series produced by Walt Disney Television Animation. It was first aired on April 18, 1983 when Disney Channel was launched. It was one of the Disney Channel's first original programs, and the first program to air at the channel's launch. It featured Disney animated shorts. Although Mickey Mouse shorts were the primary programming, additional cartoons featuring Goofy, Donald Duck, Chip 'n' Dale, Pluto, and others were also shown. Its time-slot for its early run was at 7 a.m. Eastern/Pacific Time, making it the first program of The Disney Channel's 16 (later 18) hour programming day. Later on, its time-slot was changed to 7:30 a.m. ET/PT, making it the second program of the channel's programming day. A similar show that premiered later on The Disney Channel was Donald Duck Presents. Good Morning, Mickey! was replaced by Mickey's Mouse Tracks in 1992.
|Good Morning, Mickey!|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||80|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Walt Disney Productions|
|Distributor||Buena Vista Television|
|Original network||The Disney Channel|
|Original release||April 18, 1983 –|
November 28, 1992
|Preceded by||The Mouse Factory|
|Followed by||Mickey's Mouse Tracks|
|Related shows||Donald Duck Presents|
This show was released on VHS PAL in the UK as part of a six-volume set which also each featured an episode of Welcome to Pooh Corner, The Mouse Factory, Donald Duck Presents and Mousercise. Each tape contained one Disney cartoon short.
- Volume One contains "Bone Trouble"
- Volume Two contains "Lion Down"
- Volume Three contains "Mickey's Garden"
- Volume Four contains "Mr. Mouse Takes a Trip"
- Volume Five contains "Symphony Hour"
- Volume Six contains "R'coon Dawg"
- ↑ Cotter, Bill (1997). The Wonderful World of Disney Television. Hyperion Books. pp. 294, 581. ISBN 0-7868-6359-5.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 The Disney Channel Magazine, April/May 1983 (Premiere Issue), pp. 6, 14.
- ↑ The Disney Channel Magazine, Vol. 10, no. 4, August/September 1992: pp. 36, 46.
- ↑ The Disney Channel Magazine, Vol. 10, no. 5, October/November 1992: p. 34.