Haitham bin Tariq
Current Sultan of Oman leh
Haitham bin Tariq Al Said (Arabic: هيثم بن طارق آل سعيد, transliteration: Haitham bin Ṭāriq Āl Saʿīd; born 13 October 1954) is the Sultan of Oman, having succeeded his cousin Qaboos bin Said on 11 January 2020. He previously served as Minister of Heritage and Culture in the Sultanate of Oman.
|Haitham bin Tariq|
|Sultan of Oman|
|Reign||11 January 2020 – present|
|Predecessor||Qaboos bin Said|
|Born||13 October 1954|
Muscat, Muscat and Oman
|Spouse||Ahad bint Abdullah bin Hamad Al-Busaidiyah|
|Issue||Theyazin bin Haitham Al-Said|
Bilarab bin Haitham Al-Said
Thuraya bint Haitham Al-Said
Omaima bint Haitham Al-Said
|Father||Tariq bin Taimur|
|Mother||Shawana bint Hamud bin Ahmad Al-Busaidiyah|
After his cousin, Sultan Qaboos, died on 10 January 2020, Haitham bin Tariq became Sultan of Oman. Oman state TV said that the Council of Oman opened a letter by Sultan Qaboos bin Said that he wrote before he died. The letter said who he wanted to rule Oman after he died. After that, they made Haitham bin Tariq the Sultan of Oman.
- ↑ Royal Ark
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Royal Ark
- ↑ Rulers
- ↑ "Oman's new ruler Haitham bin Tariq takes oath: newspapers". Reuters. 11 January 2020. Retrieved 11 January 2020.
- ↑ "Cabinet of Ministers". Oman News Agency. Archived from the original on 31 March 2015. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- ↑ Appointing a Minister of Heritage and Culture, Royal Decree No11/2002, issued on 14 February 2002, published in issue 713 of the Official Gazette
- ↑ "Sultan Haitham Bin Tariq Al Said succeeds Sultan Qaboos of Oman". gulfnews.com. Retrieved 11 January 2020.
- ↑ "Oman names culture minister as successor to Sultan Qaboos". AP NEWS. 11 January 2020. Retrieved 11 January 2020.