Haryana (Hindustani pronunciation: [ɦərɪˈjaːɳaː]) is a state in the Republic of India. It is the birthplace of Hinduism. The main dialect spoken in the area is Haryanvi. The area is 17,122 square miles (44,350 km2). It is larger than Denmark but smaller than Estonia. In traditional Indian geography it falls under the North Indian zone.
|Coordinates (Chandigarh): Coordinates:|
|Statehood||1 November 1966|
|• Governor||Satyadev Narayan Arya|
|• Chief Minister||Manohar Lal Khattar (BJP)|
|• Deputy Chief Minister||Dushyant Chautala (JJP)|
|• Legislature||Unicameral (90 seats)|
|• Parliamentary constituency||Rajya Sabha 5 |
Lok Sabha 10
|• Total||44,212 km2 (17,070 sq mi)|
|• Density||573/km2 (1,480/sq mi)|
|• Density rank||11|
|• Additional official|
|• Total||₹7.84 lakh crore (US$130 billion)|
|• Per capita||₹251575 (US$4,300)|
|Time zone||UTC+05:30 (IST)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-HR|
|HDI||0.704 (2017) (High)|
|^† Joint Capital with Punjab|
†† Common for Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh.
|Symbols of Haryana|
Provincial symbols of HaryanaEdit
- "Haryana at a Glance". Government of Haryana. Archived from the original on 14 March 2016. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- "Report of the Commissioner for linguistic minorities: 52nd report (July 2014 to June 2015)" (PDF). Commissioner for Linguistic Minorities, Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India. pp. 85–86. Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 November 2016. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- "Budget At Glance Haryana 2019-20: Per Capita Income" (PDF). Department of Economic and Statistical Analysis, Haryana Government. p. 9. Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 August 2017. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "Sub-national HDI - Area Database". Global Data Lab. Institute for Management Research, Radboud University. Archived from the original on 23 September 2018. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- "Haryana Population Sex Ratio in Haryana Literacy rate data". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 15 August 2017. Retrieved 13 August 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Haryana.|