Health care or healthcare is the preservation of mental and physical health by preventing or treating illnesses through services offered by the health profession and its staff. Health care includes all reasonable and necessary medical aid, medical examinations, medical treatments, medical diagnoses, medical evaluations and medical services. The right to health care is considered one of human rights with international human rights law as well as social security.
A primary care doctor (PCD) or primary care physician (PCP) is a doctor who provides general medical care. These doctors can answer health concerns and medical conditions a patient may have. They also can prescribe medicine for their patients, based on information gathered.
Culture of healthEdit
In 1968, Victor Skumin proposed the term ″Culture of Health″, which has become widespread. The main task of a Culture of Health is to implement innovative health programs that support a holistic approach to physical, mental and spiritual health. Holism is the idea that natural systems (physical, biological, chemical, social, economic, mental, linguistic, etc.) and their properties, should be viewed as wholes, not as collections of parts.
According to Skumin, the culture of health is not only the mechanical connection of the two concepts—the concept of ″culture″ and the concept of ″health″. This is their synthesis, which forms a new quality, a new content. Skumin examines the culture of health as the specific science, that develops the theoretical and practical tasks of harmonious development of the spiritual, mental, and physical human force, forming of optimum environment, which provides a higher level of creativity of life. Thus, Skumin argues that the culture of health is a separate science, that creates new content. The main challenge of culture of health is the development of spiritual, mental and physical capabilities of man. In 1994, Skumin was elected to the post of the President-founder of the World Organisation of Culture of Health (WOCH) — International social movement "To Health via Culture".
- Train for the Forgotten; For Siberia's isolated villagers, the doctor is in the railway car. June 2014 issue National Geographic (magazine)
- "Culture of Health". Unsystem.edu. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- Kovaleva E. A. (2009). "Педагогический совет. Культура здоровья учащихся как фактор здоровьесберегающей среды школы. Слайд 6" [Pedagogical Council. Slide 6 of the presentation "culture of health" to the lessons of physical education on the theme the "Health"]. 900igr.net. Retrieved November 19, 2014.
- "Culture of Health". Jnj.com. Archived from the original on April 17, 2016. Retrieved November 19, 2014.
- "Культура здоровья" [Culture of health]. science.wikia.com. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- "The Culture of Health". thecultureofhealth.org. Archived from the original on 2016-04-17. Retrieved 14 July 2015.