|Studio album by|
|Studio||Eldorado Recording Studios, Los Angeles, California|
Hell Awaits features Slayer's most progressive and diverse work compared to their older releases. According to guitarist Kerry King, he and Jeff Hanneman were into Mercyful Fate at that time and that led them to do longer and more progressive songs.
To promote the album, the band took part in the Combat Tour with Venom and Exodus. Exodus guitarist Gary Holt commented, "We immediately bonded with the Slayer guys. It was two bands of friends playing with one band of heroes, you know? We were just star-struck." Gary Holt later joined the band in 2015.
|1.||"Hell Awaits"||Kerry King||Jeff Hanneman, King||6:16|
|2.||"Kill Again"||King||Hanneman, King||4:56|
|3.||"At Dawn They Sleep"||Tom Araya, Hanneman, King||Hanneman||6:17|
|4.||"Praise of Death"||Hanneman||King||5:21|
|6.||"Crypts of Eternity"||Araya, Hanneman, King||Hanneman, King||6:40|
|7.||"Hardening of the Arteries"||Hanneman||Hanneman||3:55|
- "Gatefold of Best of Metal Blade, Vol. 1". Metal Blade Records. Retrieved May 19, 2013.
- "In-store flyer, Monday April 1st, 1985". Slipped Disc Records. Retrieved May 3, 2013.
- "Kerry King letter Slipped Disc Records". Slipped Disc Records. Retrieved May 5, 2013.
- "Youtube - Kerry King interviewed by Metal Hammer". YouTube. Retrieved 2014-7-6. Check date values in:
- McIver, Joel. The Bloody Reign of Slayer. Omnibus Press. ISBN 9780857120380.
- "An exclusive oral history of Slayer". Decibel Magazine. Retrieved 2014-7-6. Check date values in:
- "Kerry King: Slayer to Make 'Legit Offer' for Gary Holt to Continue With Band". Loud Wire. Retrieved 3 October 2015.