History (TV channel)
History is an international satellite and cable TV channel that broadcasts historical programs, both fictional and non-fictional. The TV channel is available in many countries. It is seen by more than 80 million households. Because it shows a lot of programs on World War II, it has been jokingly called "The Hitler Channel". It also broadcast programs that try to foretell the future. The History Channel was started by A&E Television Networks on January 1, 1995. A&E Television Networks is a joint-venture between: 
- Hearst Corporation;
- Disney-ABC Television Group (the Walt Disney Company); and
- NBC Universal (General Electric).
- Schone, Mark. "All Hitler, All the Time" Archived 2009-07-15 at the Wayback Machine, Salon.com, May 8, 1997).
- Winfrey, Lee. "Golf Channel tees off Tuesday, joining History Channel as new cable fare" Archived 2012-11-05 at the Wayback Machine, Knight Ridder/Tribune News Service, January 16, 1995. Retrieved February 28, 2011 from HighBeam Research.
- "About AETN". AETN.com. Archived from the original on 2007-08-09. Retrieved 2007-08-04.
- International Herald Tribune Television's The History Channel Drops 'The' and 'Channel' from Its Name, Keeps History March 20, 2008