Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act
The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA), also known as the Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill, and originally in the House as the INVEST in America Act (H.R. 3684), is a United States federal statute passed by the 117th United States Congress and signed into law by President Joe Biden on November 15, 2021.
The act was a $715 billion infrastructure package that would have given money to a federal-aid highway, transit, highway safety, motor carrier, research, hazardous materials and rail programs of the Department of Transportation. It also focused on funding for broadband access, clean water, electric grid renewal which was $1.2 trillion in spending.
- Multiple Sources:
- Cochrane, Emily (2021-08-10). "Senate Passes $1 Trillion Infrastructure Bill, Handing Biden a Bipartisan Win". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2021-12-03.
- Pramuk, Jacob (2021-11-15). "Biden signs $1 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill into law, unlocking funds for transportation, broadband, utilities". CNBC. Retrieved 2021-12-03.
- Naylor, Brian; Walsh, Deirdre (2021-11-15). "Biden signs the $1 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill into law". NPR. Retrieved 2021-12-03.
- Collins, Gabriel T. Rubin and Eliza (2021-11-15). "What's in the Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill? From Amtrak to Roads to Water Systems". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2021-12-03.
- "Industry associations applaud U.S. House passage of INVEST in America Act". Roads & Bridges. July 1, 2021. Retrieved July 2, 2021.
- "Chairs DeFazio, Norton, and Payne Introduce the INVEST in America Act to Create Millions of Jobs Bringing Our Infrastructure into the Modern Era". The House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure. US House of Representatives. July 1, 2021. Retrieved July 23, 2021.
- Sprunt, Barbara; Kim, Caitlyn; Shivaram, Deepa (2021-11-06). "Biden says final passage of $1 trillion infrastructure plan is a big step forward". NPR. Retrieved 2021-11-14.
- "Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill Passes, What Happens Next". Investopedia. Retrieved 2021-11-14.
- Biden signs $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill, fulfilling campaign promise and notching achievement that eluded Trump The Washington Post, November 15, 2021