Jérôme Agyenim Boateng (born 3 September 1988) is a German professional footballer who plays as a centre-back for Bayern Munich and the Germany national team.
|Full name||Jérôme Agyenim Boateng|
|Date of birth||3 September 1988|
|Place of birth||Berlin, West Germany|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|1994–2002||Tennis Borussia Berlin|
|2006–2007||Hertha BSC II||24||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19:23, 6 March 2021 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 22:18, 13 October 2018 (UTC)
Boateng's mother is German, his father was from Ghana. He began to play football at Tennis Borussia Berlin and came to the youth teams of Hertha BSC Berlin in 2002. On 31 January 2007 he had his first Bundesliga match against Hannover 96. His half-brother, Kevin-Prince Boateng, played also for Hertha BSC at that time.
In 2007, Boateng came to Hamburger SV. In season 2008-09, he played with them in the semi-finals of DFB-Pokal and UEFA Cup, but lost both times against SV Werder Bremen.
Boateng was a member of the German Under-21 team who won the UEFA Under-21 European Championship in June 2009. On 10 October 2009, he had his first match in Germany's senior football team against Russia. There he had to leave the football field when he saw his second yellow card after 69 minutes.
- ↑ "FIFA World Cup Russia 2018: List of Players: Germany" (PDF). FIFA. 15 July 2018. p. 12. Archived from the original (PDF) on 6 December 2019.
- ↑ "Jérôme Boateng: Overview". ESPN. Retrieved 28 June 2020.
- ↑ "Jérôme Boateng". FC Bayern Munich. Archived from the original on 11 April 2019. Retrieved 28 June 2020.
- ↑ "Jerome Boateng". Barry Hugman's Footballers.
- ↑ null
- Jérôme Boateng on fussballdaten.de (in German)