Jamal Ahmad Khashoggi (13 October 1958 – 2 October 2018) was a Saudi Arabian journalist and Washington Post columnist, author and the former general manager and editor-in-chief of Al Arab News Channel.
Khashoggi was kept hostage in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on 2 October 2018. According to Turkish sources, they believe that Khashoggi was then brutally tortured for several days and later killed inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.
On 15 October, an inspection of the consulate, by both Saudi Arabian followed by Turkish officials took place and found evidence of "tampering" during the inspection, and evidence that supported the belief Khashoggi was killed.
On 20 October, the Saudi government admitted that Khashoggi had died inside the Turkish consulate, claiming he had been strangled to death after a fight had broken out.
- "Jamal Khashoggi: Turkey says journalist was murdered in Saudi consulate". BBC News. 7 October 2018.
- "Speakers". International Public Relations Association - Gulf Chapter (IPRA-GC). 2012. Archived from the original on 11 May 2012. Retrieved 10 May 2012. Unknown parameter
- "Journalist Detained in Saudi Consulate in Istanbul". The New York times. Retrieved 2 October 2018.
- Conflicting Saudi, Turkish claims on Jamal Khashoggi whereabouts, aljazeera
- Dehghan, Saeed Kamali (3 October 2018). "Saudi dissident Jamal Khashoggi missing after visit to consulate". the Guardian. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
- "Turkish police believe Saudi journalist Khashoggi was killed at consulate, sources say". DailySabah. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- Coskun, Orhan. "Exclusive: Turkish police believe Saudi journalist Khashoggi was..." U.S. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- "Turkish police suspect Saudi journalist Khashoggi was killed at consulate". Middle East Eye. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- "Turkish police believe Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi was killed at consulate: Sources, Middle East News & Top Stories - The Straits Times". archive.org. 6 October 2018. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
- "Turkey concludes Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi killed by 'murder' team, sources say". Washington Post. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- "Turkish prosecutors 'find evidence of Jamal Khashoggi killing'". www.aljazeera.com.
- Hubbard, Ben. "Jamal Khashoggi Is Dead, Saudi Arabia Says". New York Times. Retrieved 19 October 2018.