Jeffrey Preston Bezos (born Jeffrey Preston Jorgensen; January 12, 1964) is the founder of Amazon.com, Inc. He was also the chairman, president, and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Amazon.com. However, Bezos said in a blog post he would soon step down from this position and become Executive Chair of the Amazon Board.
Jeffrey Preston Jorgensen
January 12, 1964
|Alma mater||Princeton University (B.S.)|
|Occupation||-Chairman and CEO of Amazon.com, Inc. -Astronaut|
|Net worth||US$185.7 billion (January 2021)|
(m. 1993; div. 2019)
|Awards||Time Person of the Year 1999|
Washington CEO Person of The Year at the same time
Education and careerEdit
When markets opened on July 27, 2017, Bezos briefly became the world's richest person, surpassing Bill Gates with a net worth of just over $90 billion. He lost the title later in the day when Amazon's stock dropped, returning him to second place with a net worth just below $90 billion. On October 27, 2017, Bezos again surpassed Gates on the Forbes list as the richest person in the world.
In February 2019, Bezos published a blog post alleging that National Enquirer publisher American Media, Inc. had attempted blackmail and extortion in connection with Bezos' alleged affair with Lauren Sánchez.
- "#1 Jeff Bezos". Forbes. Retrieved January 9, 2021.
- "Amazon's Jeff Bezos stepping down nearly 30 years after founding company | CBC News". CBC. Retrieved 2021-02-03.
- Jeff Bezos to Step Down as Amazon C.E.O., New York Times, February 2, 2021. Retrieved February 2, 2021.
- "Jeff Bezos launches to space aboard New Shepard rocket ship". BBC News. July 20, 2021. Retrieved July 20, 2021.
- "Replay - New Shepard First Human Flight". YouTube. July 20, 2021. Retrieved July 20, 2021.
- "Jeff Bezos was briefly the world's richest person". CNBC.
- "Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos Is The Richest Perosn In The World-Again". Forbes.
- "Jeff Bezos Becomes The First Person Ever Worth $200 Billion". Forbes. August 26, 2020. Retrieved August 28, 2020.
- "Elon Musk becomes world's richest person as wealth tops $185bn". BBC. January 7, 2021. Archived from the original on January 8, 2021. Retrieved January 8, 2021.
- Weise, Karen (2019-02-07). "Jeff Bezos Accuses National Enquirer of 'Extortion and Blackmail'". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-02-08.
Media related to Jeff Bezos at Wikimedia Commons