Bezos in 2018
Jeffrey Preston Jorgensen
January 12, 1964
|Alma mater||Princeton University (B.S.)|
|Occupation||Chairman and CEO of Amazon.com, Inc.|
|Net worth||US$115.9 billion (December 2019)|
(m. 1993; div. 2019)
|Awards||Time Person of the Year 1999|
Washington CEO Person of The Year at the same time
Education and careerEdit
Bezos graduated from Princeton University as he was also a member of the Tau Beta Pi Association, he hired at D. E. Shaw & Co. as a financial analyst before founding Amazon.com in 1994. He is currently the richest person in the world as of December 2019 with a net worth of over US$115 billion.
When markets opened on July 27, 2017, Bezos briefly became the world's richest person, surpassing Bill Gates with a net worth of just over $90 billion. He lost the title later in the day when Amazon's stock dropped, returning him to second place with a net worth just below $90 billion. On October 27, 2017, Bezos again surpassed Gates on the Forbes list as the richest person in the world.
In February 2019, Bezos published a blog post alleging that National Enquirer publisher American Media, Inc. had attempted blackmail and extortion in connection with Bezos' alleged affair with Lauren Sánchez.
- "Forbes Profile: Jeff Bezos". Forbes. Real Time Net Worth. Online: updated every 24-hour market cycle.
[Forbes real time net worths] are calculated from locked in stock prices and exchange rates from around the globe.... as well as the vetting of personal balance sheets...CS1 maint: others (link) CS1 maint: location (link)
- "Jeff Bezos was briefly the world's richest person". CNBC.
- "Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos Is The Richest Perosn In The World-Again". Forbes.
- "Jeff Bezos Becomes The First Person Ever Worth $200 Billion". Forbes. August 26, 2020. Retrieved August 28, 2020.
- Weise, Karen (2019-02-07). "Jeff Bezos Accuses National Enquirer of 'Extortion and Blackmail'". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-02-08.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jeff Bezos.|